Re: How to notice column changes in trigger

From: Aspire Something <sank89(at)sancharnet(dot)in>
To: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de
Subject: Re: How to notice column changes in trigger
Date: 2003-03-11 04:15:32
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello Christoph Haller ,

> > >So you want the trigger executed only if assignments to b and/or c do

Do sime thing like this use if /then /esle s block for the problem

In the first if blick check that b and c is null by the declaration of
IS NULL after that you run the update command as required

The program code will show as

create function
CREATE FUNCTION BLAH_FUNCTION() RETURNS "trigger"
AS '
usual blah blah of declre and all ,

IF NEW.b IS NULL and NEW.C IS NULL THEN
ROCK BABY