Performance

From: "Tim Perdue" <perdue(at)raccoon(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Performance
Date: 1999-03-10 01:33:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Some time back I sent out a message asking if PGSQL would be able to handle
my mailing list archive at http://www.geocrawler.com/ , and whether it would
scale up to 100MB.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, PostgreSQL is handling 1.8GB in just one table, and its
performance is amazing. I have archived 1,100,000 emails in the database and
I don't really see much slowdown yet.

I'm just stunned at how well this is working, and I keep pushing myself to
find more and more mail archives to add to my database.

It's fun! Check out the linux/freebsd/etc mail archives at geocrawler.com

Tim