Moved database question

From: "Bayless Kirtley" <bkirt(at)cox(dot)net>
To: "List, Postgres" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Moved database question
Date: 2008-08-05 18:45:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I had to move my database to a new disk. I dropped the original after a pg_dump and then removed the old directory. I then ran initdb on the new location, created the database and restored from the pg_dump.

My problem now is that I have to supply the full pathnames to start or stop the server. Otherwise it still wants to access the old location which no longer exists. What am I missing to make the new (and only existing) location be the Postgres default?

Thanks,
Bayless