Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries
Date: 2006-04-14 15:49:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: "Bruce Momjian"<pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Sent: 14/04/06 16:42:08
To: "Dave Page"<dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us"<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "kleptog(at)svana(dot)org"<kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, "gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu"<gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, "ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at"<ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp"<inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>

> Hiroshi does not speak for the psqlODBC project. It is a community
> project.

I am well aware of that, but as he is by far the most experienced and productive ODBC developer we have it would not be particularly sensible to not give his opinion the weight it deserves - especially as there is unlikely to be anyone else to undertake such a project (again).

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us