FETCH and MOVE

From: "Waldomiro" <wmiro(at)shx(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FETCH and MOVE
Date: 2003-08-20 12:18:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

In a table indexed by name, I created a cursor like this :

BEGIN TRANSACTION;

DECLARE cursor1 FOR SELECT NAME FROM AUTHORS ORDER BY NAME;

What should I do when I want to move to author wich name is John ?

Are there anyway to Move with Strings ?

I don't know how much I need to move the cursor to John.

Are there any function that show me how much I need to move the cursor to John ?

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks.

Waldomiro C Neto.
Shx Informática Ltda.