Re: Inserting Multiple Random Rows

From: Gary Chambers <gwchamb(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inserting Multiple Random Rows
Date: 2010-04-28 17:48:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom,

> I believe the sub-SELECT will only get executed once, since it has no
> dependency on the outer query.

That seems to be the behavior its exhibiting.

> What were you expecting to happen?

The clouds parting, choirs of angels singing, and fireworks
celebrating the veil of my obtuseness being lifted, and my grasp and
command of SQL to be complete and infinite. None of which appears
will ever happen...

-- Gary Chambers

/* Nothing fancy and nothing Microsoft! */