initdb problems

From: geek+(at)cmu(dot)edu (Brian E(dot) Gallew)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb problems
Date: 2000-05-05 12:43:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm on a RedHat6.1 box. I've built from RC4 (all sources from
tarball). Builds/installs just fine, but when trying to do an initdb,
I get this:
[postgres(at)ioport postgres]$ initdb --pglib=$PWD/lib --pgdata=$PWD/data

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=17).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

Creating template database in /home/postgres/data/base/template1
ERROR: Error: unknown type 'oidvector'.

ERROR: Error: unknown type 'oidvector'.

syntax error 12 : parse errorinitdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /home/postgres/data/base/template1

Perhaps something needs to be looked at before release...

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia. |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance?? |
| Finger geek(at)cmu(dot)edu for my public key. |