[Pljava-dev] pljava crash in jre

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava crash in jre
Date: 2012-01-26 23:55:17
Lists: pljava-dev

wilsoncr74 <craig.wilson at hssnet.com> writes:

> The environment I used for testing this will be available next week
> (after some internal company testing has taken place).
>
> I've had approval to give you access next week if this is ok.
>
> I can discuss connectivity details outside of this forum if this
> sounds ok.

Yes, I believe I will have some time next week.

I will need a complete development environment; everything needed to
build Postgres, PL/Java and OpenJDK. Already having debug builds
would be great.

Building these is not an issue as long as I don't have to jump through
hoops to do so. Part of the OpenJDK build process is to download
dependencies so blocking network traffic is impolite.

I hope to run the process in a debugger and determine whether the
problem lies within PL/Java or the JVM itself. After all, Pierce
claims this happens with both Sun Java and OpenJDK, and you that it
does not with IBM Java.

If this turns out to be too complex and I find myself debugging the
JVM I'll stop without a support contract.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/