[Pljava-dev] postmaster hangs if JVM does not close nicely in windows

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] postmaster hangs if JVM does not close nicely in windows
Date: 2011-11-04 21:46:46
Lists: pljava-dev

Nathan Egge <nathanegge at yahoo.com> writes:

> I ended up creating a patch for pl/Java that allowed me to get a
> Java event right before the JVM is destroyed (the onDestroyJavaVM
> event) which I could use to clean up and shutdown the services
> running, before pl/Java tried to stop the JVM. This may be useful
> to anyone else who is running complex Java services inside their
> database, so I have attached my patch to the issue Tracker here:

Before applying that patch, I'd like to see it documented somewhere,
somehow, how to use it. Can you write a short description of this
facility?

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/