[Pljava-dev] PL/Java with 64bit pg9.0 and Sun JDK on el6 ...

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] PL/Java with 64bit pg9.0 and Sun JDK on el6 ...
Date: 2011-10-28 07:04:57
Lists: pljava-dev

John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> writes:

> so, a few weeks ago, I was having issues building pl/java to run
> with postgresql 9.0 and Sun/Oracle JDK1.5.last on a 64bit CentOS 6.0
> platform. My last attempt built cleanly, and installed correctly,
> but when I tried to load the sample jar's, it crashed.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet looked into your problem in detail. Did
you try the 1.4.3 binaries available for download?

Here is a simple smoke test:

CREATE FUNCTION sysprop( text ) RETURNS text
AS 'java.lang.System.getProperty' LANGUAGE java;

SELECT sysprop( 'java.version' );

sysprop
----------
1.6.0_27

If this works there is something wrong with jar installations.

> I've been heavily sidetracked and haven't had time to get back to
> this until now... I understand there was some new code that wasn't
> release-worthy yet that may be required. any guidance would be most
> welcome.

There is the Java 6 branch, but I'm not sure it applies to your case.
I've merged in the 1.4.3 bugfixes and am currently cleaning it up.
After looking at the patchies supplied to the site, which I expect to
merge in I'll have a beta release at least.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/