[Pljava-dev] pljava for pg7.4

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava for pg7.4
Date: 2011-12-19 14:15:40
Lists: pljava-dev

Mikhail Petukhov <robofan.m at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> we`re developing a one system with PostgreSQL 7.4 (it`s too old i
> know but this is the customer requirement). Is there PL/Java version
> that supports 7.4 version of PostgreSQL?

In theory PL/Java 1.4.3 should work. Your best bet is to "just try
and see if it works."

You're on your own though - code for anything older than 8.2 is likely
to disappear without warning. You will either have to watch out for
these changes and edit them out or backport bugfixes yourselves.

If you run into specific problems, ask and we might be able to help
you.

Another option is a support contract with 2ndQuadrant. Though I
cannot say if Postgres 7.4 is within bounds. I highly recommend this
if you're going to stay on 7.4.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/