[Pljava-dev] pljava crash in jre

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava crash in jre
Date: 2012-01-26 08:01:21
Lists: pljava-dev

wilsoncr74 <craig.wilson at hssnet.com> writes:

> We hit the same issue....
>
> I loaded IBM JAVA6 and re-pointed by changing
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/java.conf to point to libjvm. This issue does not
> occur with IBM JAVA (for us anyway) I can switch between java.conf
> files - and only get the issue when using SUN JAVA. I tried the
> latest Java 6 update from SUN and still get the same issue.

Unfortunately, I do not have direct access to a machine with enough
RAM to test this myself.

It smells of a bug in Sun Java, which is outside the scope of PL/Java
development. That said, if a kind soul is willing to give me shell
access to a machine where I am able to use debug versions of OpenJDK,
PostgreSQL and PL/Java I'm willing to take a look.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/