Temp table visibility

From: JJ <johnjohnson(at)thewildstoat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Temp table visibility
Date: 2011-08-05 12:35:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I was recently looking at the way "create temp table as" works and the manual specifies that temp tables given the same name as an existing table will be used instead of the permanent table. It also states that the permanent table can be accessed via its schema-qualified name. I may have answered my own question but is there any way to emulate this table visibility functionality when referencing tables by their schema-qualified name?