Full-text Indexing and Primary Keys

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Full-text Indexing and Primary Keys
Date: 2001-07-23 15:32:45
Lists: pgsql-sql

Folks,

1. Can anyone explain to me what "full-text indexing" is, and why we do
or don't need it for Postgres? The marketing types keep asking me about
it ("buzzword o' the day") and I don't have an answer for them.

2. I propose that future versions of PostgreSQL require a primary key at
table creation. Frankly, I'm a little mystified as to why this was not
done already, but it's not too late to correct ...

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 2 bytes