Re: Problems with PG_DUMP and restore

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with PG_DUMP and restore
Date: 2001-07-10 18:50:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

Richard,

> Try having a look at the order the tables get inserted esp. with
> regard to
> any foreign keys etc. - I'm not sure pgdump is that clever about such
> things.

Thanks. I did try that; however:
1. Even trying re-loading the tables twice did not work, as it should
have with missing foriegn keys.
2. I did not see any Unmatched Reference errors in the log, as I
typically do with missing keys.

Further, I *was* able to re-load the database from a unitary pg_dump
file ... one that includes both DDL and data. It's just when I split
the pg_dump into two files -- one for DDL, one for data -- that it
fails.

BTW, I'm using 7.1RC2

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533