Re: - Finding records in sequence

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "John Oakes" <john(at)networkproductions(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: - Finding records in sequence
Date: 2002-03-03 20:55:49
Lists: pgsql-sql

Mr. Oakes,

> I have a table with a few columns, one of which is Pass/Fail. I want
> find the most passes in sequence in the table and the most failures
> in
> sequence in the table. Is there a function to do this, or will I
> need to
> create one? Thanks!

You'll need to create one. For your sake, I hope that you created the
table with either a timestamp or a serial column so that you can
determin the sequence of records.

Since your problem is procedural rather than set-oriented in nature,
you will have an easier time implementing it in a procedural interface
language (like Perl or C) than in SQL.

-Josh