Re: What do I do with this error?

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What do I do with this error?
Date: 2001-03-19 16:05:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom, Stephan:

I was hoping that the error would be reproduceable with a simplified
example; however, it looks like I'll have to supply you folks with the
full function an tabledefs. I hesitated to do so, because the function
involves doing a pattern-matching search based on a complex view linked
to an IN search on a subtable. It's no doubt this combination of
factors that's making things blow up.

BTW, I found an easy workaround for the problem; I'm pursuing this just
as a beta issue for PgSQL 7.1.

Can either of you supply me with syntax to pg_dump the full function &
view decarations to a text file? I'm using pgaccess mostly for
development, but it doesn' let me cut-and-paste.

-Josh Berkus