Re: Can I search for an array in csf?

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can I search for an array in csf?
Date: 2002-10-22 16:16:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Vernon,

> Thanks Josh, I will take a look at this book.
>
> The only problem with the implemention I can see so far is
> performance: change format when read/write data. Other
> than that, I don't see a big problem. I, however, shall say the
> performance is important in my project.

I'd think Java would be able to do array --> table and table --> array
very quickly. Certainly, PHP and Perl do.

Also, you can use a custom aggregate to give yourself a comma-delimited
list from a subtable (see the article on custom aggregates at
techdocs.postgresql.org) However, custom aggregates are slow and
Java's array-handling is probably faster.

-Josh Berkus