Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Diehl, Jeffrey" <jdiehl(at)sandia(dot)gov>, "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, darcy(at)druid(dot)net
Cc: "Diehl, Jeffrey" <jdiehl(at)sandia(dot)gov>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!
Date: 2001-09-20 00:35:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Mike,

> I recently lost a hard drive and had to re-install, so the PG version
> I am
> using is only about 3 weeks old. However, as I said in my original
> post, I
> have A LOT of data in this database. Brick* implies 1334 tables,
> some of
> which have 2.5M records... All told, I have about 355G of data. I
> don't
> care if it takes DAYS to run queries like this, but I need them to
> finish.

Um, Mike, I think you need *professional* DB tuning/performance help.
Maybe a contract with PostgreSQL Inc. or Bruce Momjian or Red Hat? Or
me, if your budget is limited (but I'm not as good as Bruce or Chris)

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533