Bruce's Book and Built-in Functions

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bruce's Book and Built-in Functions
Date: 2001-01-17 04:40:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

Folks,

Well, I now have a copy of Bruce's book on order. Bruce, if
your sales have been slow, don't let A-W blame it on the
online draft. According to Stacy's, it takes them an
average of 7 working days to get Ingram to cough up a new
copy, which is twice the normal period for tech books. As a
result, they're out of stock a lot.

Plus www.postgresql.org could do a little more to promote
the book. There's *still* nothing on the web site to tell
me the book's in print. HINT, HINT.

So, while I wait for my copy ... I can't find in the online
docs anywhere a comprehensive list of built-in functions.
You know, stuff like CURRVAL() and NOW(). Can anyone point
me to such a list? Guessing parameters is getting
frustrating!

-Josh