Re: passwords and 7.3

From: Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas(dot)Kowalski(at)imag(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: passwords and 7.3
Date: 2003-01-27 08:33:34
Lists: pgsql-general

> It isn't mentioned in the MIGRATION section (bad), but is mentioned as
> change in the HISTORY file:
>
> Remove secondary password file capability and pg_password utility
> (Bruce)
>
> We honestly didn't think anyone was using that secondary password file
> anymore. You are the first to report the problem.

Our PostgreSQL installation heavily depends on this external passwords
file. This one is generated from a global NIS (standard crypt method)
database, and thus allows users to connect to the databases without
the need to change yet another password. This behaviour is really
appreciated here.

My 2 euro-cents.

--
Nicolas