Searching for suiting index

From: "Janek Sendrowski" <janek12(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Searching for suiting index
Date: 2013-12-01 21:41:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I store around 300 bits the row in my table. Every bit is a boolean values on its own.
I want to do a similarity search by comparing each bit and get every row which has a certain number of equal bits.
What kind of index could be useful for scenario?
Could it make sense to calculate a kind of hashvalue for each row to filter the rows dirty at first.

Thank you for your help
Janek Sendrowski