Aw: First psycopg3 docs

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Aw: First psycopg3 docs
Date: 2020-11-13 17:37:27
Lists: psycopg

Hello Daniele,

I see that the Cursor.execute() will continue to support
a Mapping for passing in values.

Perhaps my understanding is lacking, so here goes:

Will using a mapping still allow for use of the binary
protocol ? I am asking because all the examples I've
seen show the %s (rather than %(varname)s way of
value passing).

In GNUmed I nearly always use %(varname)s with dicts
as that allows for easier collection of values
before the execute() call without needing to account
for the *order* of values.

Karsten