Connection Refused

From: "Dummy Account" <dummyaccount4u(at)mail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection Refused
Date: 2020-04-21 23:56:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I installed pgAdmin4, I believe the postgesSQL version is 12.  I'm running Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6.

After logging into pgAdmin and successfully entering "master password".  While clicking on the only instance there, in this case it is "PostgreSQL 12" that is where I get the following error:

could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I can say that a multitude of programs that were accessing this database can no-longer access the database; they all run the same password needed to access this cluster, I think it is a cluster.  I tried right-clicking "PostgreSQL 12" and clearing stored password, so I think I will need to reset that if you could advise on that too.

Lastly, I will also add that I recently restored my Operating System from a backup because I swapped a HDD out for a SSD.

Please see screenshot for reference.

Thanks

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.5 KB
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 4.28.20 PM.png image/png 199.5 KB