[Pljava-dev] Errors running pljava test

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Errors running pljava test
Date: 2005-09-09 09:25:33
Lists: pljava-dev

kstian wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I have switched to using Sun-jdk-1.4.2.08. The pljava test is still
> hanging in the middle. Sometimes, it hung at "***
> testBinaryColumns()", sometimes, it also hung at "*** DatabaseMetaData
> 'int' functions:"
>
> Is there anything I can try?

That depends on how much time you have :-) I don't have your environment
and I'm not able to reproduce the hanging so it would be very helpful if
you could try two things. The first one is simple. Just change the
log_min_messages setting in the postgresql.conf file to debug1 and run
again. The log will be somewhat more verbose and perhaps that can give
me a better idea of what's happening. The second thing requires a bit
more work:

a. Compile PostgreSQL configured with --enable-debug
b. Compile PL/Java with MAKE CFLAGS=-g
c. Run the tests again. Once it hangs, attach to the backend process
(the postgres that represents your sessoin) with GDB and print a stack
backtrace. That should say a lot about where it hangs.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren