[Pljava-dev] Re: Failed to create Java VM

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Re: Failed to create Java VM
Date: 2005-03-15 17:58:49
Lists: pljava-dev

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> When do you get this error? Are you trying to do use the SQL SET command
> for pljava.vmoptions in a session where PL/Java is already active?
>
> There's no way you can get it from settings in the postgresql.conf file
> since that file will allow multiple settings of the same custom variable
> (if it didn't you'd get this error for pljava.classpath since you set
> that twice).

Hmm, I think I can answer my own question here. What happens is that you
first get the error:

1 is outside the valid range for parameter
"pljava.statement_cache_size" (0 .. 0)

Then you do a renewed attempt in the same session. That's when you get:

attempt to redefine parameter "pljava.vmoptions"

You get this since it was succesfully set on the first attempt but then
failed on the statement_cache_size. If I'm correct then just remove the
setting of the pljava.statement_cache_size.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren