[Pljava-dev] java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to call a PostgreSQL backend function while main thread was not in the JVM

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to call a PostgreSQL backend function while main thread was not in the JVM
Date: 2004-09-19 16:19:04
Lists: pljava-dev

Petr,

> Hi!
>
> I am repeatedly calling SQL function, and trigger function fired by
> "UPDATE" in sql function crashes with folowing exception. Crash is
> reliable after 100 calls.
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was
> made to call a PostgreSQL backend function while main thread was not
> in the JVM
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1130)
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:933)
>
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:139)
>
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:346)
>
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:294)
>
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:285)
>

> Exception is generated by native method in class
> org.postgresql.pljava.internal.TriggerData function
>
> public boolean isFiredAfter() throws SQLException
> {
> synchronized(Backend.THREADLOCK)
> {
> }
> }

I'd like to see the error generated by the backend (the backtrace above
is from the client driver). Can you copy that from the backend log and
email it to me? Also, info concerning the versions of postgresql,
pljava, and java is helpful. A code example that I can run in order to
reproduce your problem is of course ideal.

Thanks,

Thomas Hallgren