How can I retrieve double or int data type for libpq

From: a <372660931(at)qq(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How can I retrieve double or int data type for libpq
Date: 2018-06-13 03:08:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I wanna use C library to connect pgsql server and I got 2 questions:

1, If I can fetch a row's data instead of using PQgetvalue?

2, PQgetvalue will return all data as text, I would have to convert them into the relative data type, is there a way of getting data by its original format?

Thanks so much!

Shore