Embedded postgres ?

From: john(at)bartender(dot)internal(dot)antefacto(dot)com (John P(dot) Looney)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Embedded postgres ?
Date: 2001-10-10 14:18:41
Lists: pgsql-general

How well is postgres suited for small applications ?

I don't know it's architecture too well, though even with a very small
database, it seems to use a huge number of files, which are all quite
large, for the small amount of information in it.

For a database of say a megabyte, could someone take a guess at how small
an installation I could get postgres down to ?

John

--
John Looney Chief Scientist