Backend doesn't like this query...

From: bcrockett(at)PIII(dot)bcrock(dot)dynip(dot)com (Brad Crockett)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backend doesn't like this query...
Date: 2001-01-15 03:54:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, all.

I'm using V6.4.2 on RedHat Mandrake 6.0, and when I run the following
query, the backend says:

pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly

Here is the culprit:

SELECT Sno
FROM Take
WHERE Cno = 'CS112'
AND Cno NOT IN
(SELECT Sno FROM Take
WHERE Cno != 'CS112');

It's out of the book 'The Essence of SQL' by David Rozenshtein, which I am
reading and working through. Other queries from the book run fine.

I can't find any reference to the reason for this in pm.log - is there
somewhere else I should be looking?

--
Brad Crockett Duncan BC Canada
b crockett at home dot com