Programmatic Access97 - > postgres login

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: "<" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Programmatic Access97 - > postgres login
Date: 2003-07-18 16:46:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Can anybody point me to how to programatically log in to our Postgres database? Using Access'97 built-in capabilities I have successfully linked to and used the Postgres tables for a while now. Naturally I am asked for the username and password when the app starts up, and this has never been a problem. Now I want to run an automatic process each night and want to do so without a person present to type in the username and password.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Fred Parkinson