Re: Report generation

From: "Ian Harding" <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>
To: <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>, <Culley_Harrelson(at)pgn(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Report generation
Date: 2002-02-19 19:01:15
Lists: pgsql-general

True, true. But once you roll your own little functions that are _just_ simple enough for your app, life gets good.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: iharding(at)tpchd(dot)org

>>> "Culley Harrelson" <Culley_Harrelson(at)pgn(dot)com> 02/19/02 10:52AM >>>
pdflib is wonderful but...

The learning curve is high. For instance: the coordinate system is basically *upside down* starting from the bottom left hand corner of the page. The formatting is fairly low level too-- you have to take in to consideration character spacing, line spacing, font metrics.... You can even draw paths but i have yet to attempt this (and I don't think I want to).

<snip>