Re: ODBC Support

From: "Paul Simpson" <Paul(dot)Simpson(at)spgs(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Support
Date: 2004-03-15 15:46:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Jeff, Tom,

Thank you for your responses. Perhaps I need to clarify.

I'm trying to run a windoze front-end application (which I didn't
write) against a PostgreSQL back-end. So I presume it's the Windoze ODBC
drivers I need (I have these, although it would seem that there are
several varieties available - is there a list around anywhere?).

I have been having all sorts of issues with getting the beast to work,
which I was hoping this procedure would fix.

Do I understand it that the extra config. option simply provides ODBC
client drivers on the *nix platform? If so, then I don't think I need
them because I'm not connecting from the *nix box (is that correct?)

The odbc.sql file - since I didn't write the app, it is quite possible
that it uses odbc functions which are considered "standard" without my
knowledge. I'd certainly like to rule this out as the cause of my
problems. Where can I get hold of this file? I need Postgres to behave
in as standard an odbc way as possible.

Thanks again,

Paul Simpson

ABOUT THIS E-MAIL
The information contained within this e-mail is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.

Any opinions expressed in this electronic communication do not necessarily reflect official policy of St Paul's Girls' School.

If you are not the intended recipient of this document or any part then please:

1) : inform the sender at the above address
2) : delete this e-mail immediately
3) : do not take copies nor disclose the contents of this document to anyone

PUPILS' COMMUNICATIONS
Only Senior School pupils of St Paul's Girls' School are permitted to send electronic mail and then only via our controlled system.
It is contrary to school rules for any other pupil to do so and they are regularly reminded of this fact.

VIRUS PROTECTION
All electronic mail traffic sent from this establishment is monitored and scanned for viruses prior to sending.