SQL equivallent to "\ds" in psql

From: Arcady Genkin <a(dot)genkin(at)utoronto(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL equivallent to "\ds" in psql
Date: 2001-10-17 20:35:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Where does Postgres store information about the sequences? I tried
looking in the tables produced by "\dS", but could find no references
to the sequences. :(

What I want is an SQL equivallent of "\ds" command, which will return
a list of all sequences in the current database. I need this for a
periodically run script so that I could keep an eye on all sequences
in the database.

Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin