Re: SSL tests

From: Gael Le Mignot <gael(at)pilotsystems(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: buildfarm-members(at)postgresql(dot)org, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: SSL tests
Date: 2024-04-04 13:36:56
Lists: buildfarm-members

Hi Andrew,

> On 2024-04-04 Th 06:49, Gael Le Mignot wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> > Hi Buildfarm owners,
>> > It's been noted on the -hackers mailing list than most buildfarm
>> > animals are not performing SSL tests even if they are building with
>> > SSL. That's a sad gap in our test coverage.
>>
>> > The sample configuration file has this in the build_env section
>>
>> > # run extra TAP tests if listed here # These are the ones omitted
>> > without the setting # on a secure single user system it makes sense
>> > to enable these # PG_TEST_EXTRA => "ssl ldap kerberos",
>>
>> I enabled this on my animal "mule", but I'm not sure how to check if the
>> additional tests were actually run or not.

> I see this, which indicates the tests ran:
> <https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=mule&dt=2024-04-04%2011%3A49%3A20&stg=ssl-check>

> (You do seem to be having issues with ldap and kerberos checks, though)

Yes, I was missing the binaries (slapd and kdb5_util), I had the
libraries and headers installed, but not the binaries. It seems to be
fixed for LDAP, and I'm re-running it for Kerberos.

Regards,

--
Gaël Le Mignot - gael(at)pilotsystems(dot)net
Pilot Systems - 9 rue Anatole De La Forge - 75017 Paris