Driver version 42.1.4 and Java 9

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Driver version 42.1.4 and Java 9
Date: 2017-12-11 14:17:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I know that the driver does not officially support Java 9 but I use it nevertheless, and I thought you might be interested in this.

When starting a console application I can see the following warning from the JVM:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.postgresql.jdbc.TimestampUtils (file:/C:/Users/tkellerer/.m2/repository/org/postgresql/postgresql/42.1.4/postgresql-42.1.4.jar) to field java.util.TimeZone.defaultTimeZone
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.postgresql.jdbc.TimestampUtils
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Regards
Thomas