newby question

From: Bernd Buldt <bernd(dot)buldt(at)uni-konstanz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: newby question
Date: 2004-10-01 09:59:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Howdy! I'd like to set up a database (mostly a bibliography), which
I'd like to connect to a webpage such that simple queries to the
database can be made by visitors of my homepage. I seem to remember
that FileMaker allows for this, but I'd prefer a UNIX-based solution
(under MacOS X). Hence my question (before I start digging): Can
anyone on the list confirm that this is doable (w/o too much hassles
) with PostGresQL? Thx for your time! Best, Bernd