[Pljava-dev] Testing PL/Java Windows binaries

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Testing PL/Java Windows binaries
Date: 2011-04-29 21:46:19
Lists: pljava-dev

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:37:02 -0000, JOSE CARLOS MARTINEZ LLARIO
<jcllario at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Still no.
> now I get this error:
> C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin>psql -U postgres -f
> C:\jaspa4pg\sql\pljavainstall.sql -d jaspatemplate1Password for user
> postgres:CREATE SCHEMAGRANTpsql:C:/jaspa4pg/sql/pljavainstall.sql:6:
> ERROR: could not load library "c:/jaspa4pg/lib/pljava.dll": The
> specified module could not be found.

IIRC, I got that when I was missing the jre/bin and jre/bin/client
(32bit) from my PATH.

As far as I can tell, this means it is not finding some required
library for pljava.dll but does not mention which one it is try-
ing to find. You might try the dependency walker someone men-
tioned on this list before.

> Important to mention that with pljava 32 bits I had in my enviroment
> path variable: ...jre/bin;jre/bin/clientnow with jre 64 bits I had to
> change ...jre/bin;jre/bin/serverbut still getting the above error.
> I have always installed pljava in windows as im doing now without any
> problen.some ideas what im doing wrong?

Did you remember to restart the server after changing the path?

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/