Re: [SQL] Caracter é

From: PFC <lists(at)boutiquenumerique(dot)com>
To: "Nicolas Cornu" <nicolas(dot)cornu(at)cyber-developpement(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Caracter é
Date: 2005-08-06 21:27:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

This is probably a character encoding issue ; try issuing a SET
client_encoding TO whatever encoding you're using ; it is possible that
your connection through PHP defaults to SQL_ASCII in which "é" is illegal
(mine did). Or, check your browser, form etc. encoding to make sure some
Unicode doesn't get mixed up with some non-Unicode stuff.
Note that I tried PEAR::DB and found it to be, literally, a piece of junk
(sorry, no other words).