FIPS 127-2

From: dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com (Mike Castle)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FIPS 127-2
Date: 2003-03-20 01:06:00
Lists: pgsql-general

I searched the email archives and didn't find any reference to this, though
I thought for sure that I'd seen something come across the list sometime in
the past.

Has there been any thought about making use of the NIST SQL Test Suite
(http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/ctg/sql_form.htm) inspired by the FIPS Pub
127-2? And what about a FIPS flag?

Joe Celko had an interesting post about this a little while back:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=c0d87ec0.0301101643.6fcbec82%40posting.google.com&output=gplain

I would guess that, if nothing else, the test suite would be useful.

mrc
--
Mike Castle dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/
We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan. -- Watchmen