Documentation inconsistency (at least to me)

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Documentation inconsistency (at least to me)
Date: 2017-02-13 22:26:27
Lists: pgsql-general

I wonder why regexp_split_to_array() is listed under "String functions and operators" [1] but string_to_array() is listed under "Array functions and operators" [2]

I find that a bit inconsistent - I would expect to find both in the same chapter.

I would suggest to put both into "String functions and operators" because after all string_to_array() does more or less the same as regexp_split_to_array() does. But at the end of the day I think it's just important that both are in the same chapter (unless I overlooked a huge difference between the two that warrants this distinction).

Thomas

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-string.html
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-array.html