Re: Cannot install under Windows Vista

From: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot install under Windows Vista
Date: 2007-09-03 13:26:19
Lists: pgsql-general

tkdchen wrote:

>I install PostgreSQL under Windows Vista, but the MSI failed. It told
>me that it has no right to create postgres user account. I don't know
>why. I just run the MSI package with an Administrator account. Please
>help me to solve this problem.

Sounds like the UAC (User Access Control) is in the way.

There is a document available from Microsoft describing the installation:
<http://port25.technet.com/archive/2007/02/22/postgresql-on-windows-a-primer.aspx>

Quote:
"Notes on Vista:
The install on Vista is similar to other Windows installs but to install on
Vista, you must turn off User Account Control first."

Rainer