Re: Name spacing functions and stored procedures

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Name spacing functions and stored procedures
Date: 2015-03-19 10:42:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Tim Uckun schrieb am 19.03.2015 um 11:03:
> I guess I see schemas as ways to group data not functions.

A schema is just a namespace.

The only "link" between data and a schema is that data can only live in tables and a table is associated with a namespace.

Even if you use it to "group data", you actually use to group "objects that hold data".

> It would be very nice to be able to group your code into proper modules though. It's something I really miss.

An extension can be seen as a module that lives in a dedicated namespace: the schema.