Create index in PG table with vb6

From: "DanPerlman" <dan(at)dpci(dot)us>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Create index in PG table with vb6
Date: 2003-09-11 14:28:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am using the following to write data from an access table to a postgres
table.
I need to create an index on the "partnumber" field in the Bpb (odbc pg
database) so I can seek on that field. Need to be able to locate and update
records that already exist in the postgres table. It appears that the
"partnumber" field is a memo field.

Thanks,

Dan

Dim Pricebooks As dao.Database
Dim PGDB As dao.Database
Dim WrkSpc As Workspace
Dim Bonneville As String
Dim Apb As Recordset
Dim Bpb As Recordset
Dim PBSelection As String
Dim i As Integer

Bonneville =
"DSN=PostgreSQL30;DATABASE=bonneville;UID=postgres;PWD=postgres"

'Open Access table.
Set Pricebooks = OpenDatabase(App.Path & "\Pricebooks.mdb")
Set Apb = Pricebooks.OpenRecordset("pricebook", dbOpenTable)

'Open Postgres table
Set WrkSpc = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
Set PGDB = WrkSpc.OpenDatabase("", False, False, Bonneville)
Set Bpb = PGDB.OpenRecordset("public.papricebook", dbOpenDynaset)