Where is IFNULL?

From: Sascha Ziemann <szi(at)khs-ag(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Where is IFNULL?
Date: 1999-12-07 17:14:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

the user manual describes the function IFNULL on page 38, but when I
try to use it I get the following error:

users=> select ifnull (NULL, 'nix');
ERROR: No such function 'ifnull' with the specified attributes

What do I have to do to get the function?

Or does anybody know a simple way to concatenate strings, which can be
NULL?

Sascha