Re: Autovac _scale_ settings not changed by SIGHUP?

From: Jerry Sievers <jerry(at)jerrysievers(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autovac _scale_ settings not changed by SIGHUP?
Date: 2007-04-12 18:30:24
Lists: pgsql-general

> Jerry Sievers <jerry(at)jerrysievers(dot)com> writes:
>
> > Uncommenting the settings in postgresql.conf and giving the new
> > values, then followed by a pg_reload_conf() call however and I see no
> > change in the settings.
>
> Works for me ...
>
> regression=# show autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor;
> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor
> --------------------------------
> 0.2
> (1 row)
>
> -- edit postgresql.conf ...
>
> regression=# select pg_reload_conf();
> pg_reload_conf
> ----------------
> (1 row)
>
> regression=# show autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor;
> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor
> --------------------------------
> 0.25
> (1 row)
>
> regression=#
>
> Are you sure you're editing the right copy of postgresql.conf?

Yes, the correct config files are being edited. .

I do have egg on my face however. I forgot to mention that the
platform and version was EnterpriseDB 8.1.4.

Changing the configs by editing the file to uncomment and then change
the value and HUPping does indeed work on Pg 8.2 as expected.

<crawling under a rock>... Please pardon the omission.

> regards, tom lane

Jerry Sievers 732 365-2844 (work) Production Database Administrator
305 321-1144 (mobil WWW E-Commerce Consultant