Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released
Date: 2005-02-05 15:45:26
Lists: pgsql-general

After takin a swig o' Arrakan spice grog, julian(at)avbrief(dot)com ("Julian Scarfe") belched out:
> So all I'm looking for is a way for pgpool to shout if it detects a
> failure. That could initiate the investigation of the other
> criteria required for failover.

_There_ lies the one change that is needed. Given that, some outside
'oracle' can be used to decide if it's appropriate to do a FAILOVER.

It's quite important for this not to be deeply embedded in pgpool...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html