Re: What's up with EnterpriseDB?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What's up with EnterpriseDB?
Date: 2005-08-11 12:11:09
Lists: pgsql-general

> I saw their announment today and they said they have Oracle compatiblility.
>
> What exactly does this mean? They don't go into any details. Did
> they implement a Oracle compatible proc language or something?

I believe you are correct.

It's probably safer to say "they have implemented a more nearly Oracle
compatible procedural language."

You can get /some/ feel for it by looking at the recent release
notes... <http://www.enterprisedb.com/releasenotes.do>

- They have a "DUAL" table (a table guaranteed to have 1 row)
- You don't need the full function argument "signature" in order
to drop a function; just name the function
- They seem to have added in a SYS user

You can download version 8.0.3.12, which presumably includes some
amount of documentation...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/