Re: cannot initdb

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: joe(at)jwebmedia(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cannot initdb
Date: 2002-03-12 22:20:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Joseph Koenig <joe(at)jwebmedia(dot)com> writes:

> Someone please tell me they have experience with PostgreSQL inside a
> FreeBSD jail. I desperately need to get PostgreSQL up and running and
> this is the one roadblock. Someone please help. This is what I get in
> the jail:
>
> %ipcs -s
> ipcs: short read
> SVID semaphores facility not configured in the system

Definitely sounds like something for the FreeBSD lists. Might be a
bug in the jail system from what you've said above. Good luck...

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught Wireboard Industries http://www.wireboard.com/

Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...