Re: hung postmaster?

From: Edmund Bacon <ebacon-xlii(at)onesystem(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hung postmaster?
Date: 2005-02-17 18:46:29
Lists: pgsql-general

pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net ("Ed L.") writes:

> Workin' on gdb/strace build, but having trouble with both. Gdb
> just doesn't build from source, not sure why yet, and no depots
> found at porting center. It doesn't appear that strace is
> supported for 11.23 itanium based on strace README/PORTING files
> and 'man 2 ptrace'. HPUX users, is that your experience?

Ed, HP maintains a port of gdb called wdb (wildebeest). You should be
able to get this from them from http://www.hp.com/go/wdb/ but I'm
getting timeouts trying to connect right now. If this persists, let
me know and I'll try to find a way to get you my most recent download
from Dec 23.

Remove -42 for email